Thursday, 16 August 2012

SYL - Week 32

Balance


Ok, I'll admit it. I was scared to do this week's post. I didn't want to look back on my Wheel of Life. I thought it was possible that I had made some progress towards balance but I didn't think very much had changed.

After getting back in to reading and commenting on blogs, I found that I missed getting really involved with this challenge and it was time to do some real soul searching again. The time management block was great but I forgot to focus on the inner stuff for a while as I set up the concrete materials I need to keep me going. No wonder I was worried about the balance wheel!! But I got a pleasant surprise and not because everything had become perfect but because there was a shift in everything, some up, some down, and the overall look is much more circular...

Week 4

Week 32

I still can't believe how good the last wheel looks. My friendship score has lost a point because I am busy and don't get to catch up as much as I used to, spend less hours chatting on Facebook and my friends are the same. So this is really a good thing, much more balanced. It also means that my wheel lost a layer which makes it look better haha, but I've also realised that I will probably never achieve a level 5. I don't want to either. I am so happy with 3's and 4's. They are maintainable. That is what I want. Not some super impossible live but a nice, happy, sustainable one.

Next step for me is keeping it balanced. Surely the hard work has been done and now I can work on my routines and with practice I can keep this wheel mostly round!


3 comments:

  1. One word - awesome! xxx

    Deb @ home life simplified

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb :) I surprised myself this week! (again!! haha). I've been thinking about this wheel ever since I posted it and it's like one of those hindsight moments where you knew things were easier/simpler but hadn't figured out exactly why. Once I looked at this wheel I knew why xo

      Delete
  2. That wheel sure is looking rounder!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete