Friday, 21 December 2012

SYL - The rest

The rest.....

Well, I didn't manage to make it through all 52 weeks. I have a couple of excuses but no real reasons. I think I lost momentum and found it hard to get back. Life got extremely busy over the last 2 months. Work took up a lot of my time including computer time.


See, all excuses. I DID have 20 mins every week to read and write my blog post. There is no reason why I didn't do it, I just didn't. I am ok with that from my point of view though. The thing I feel bad about is not reading and replying to the posts of the people still carrying on with the journey. For not commenting on Deb's posts and giving her the encouragement she deserves. I really feel like I've let other people down and this sends me right back to the start of this journey.

I am enough. I have done enough. I have done what I needed for me, other people are in control of their lives, they will hopefully have done what they needed to do for them. I feel sad that I haven't supported them as much as I planned but that is what happened and there is no changing it now. Well I suppose there is a little way to help them, today is a terribly hot day in my house and I'm taking the day off. I can sit here and read and comment on some posts. I have noticed that Rita is still going and I am going to spur her on today. I will also read more of Deb's blog posts because her writing always inspires me and I'm sure I'll find a gem in there that really SPEAKS to me.

So, 2012. What a year. The most positive for me for a long time. It started off negative, I had to think very hard to find positive things to look back on from 2011. I found some though and they were amazing, beautiful things. I still have all of those things now. My family, my health, my material things that give me a comfortable existence. I am happy.

SYL helped me more than I could have ever imagined. I am a different person inside because of it. I love myself, I know that I am enough and that I am worthy of more than I was giving myself. My ideas, dreams and goals are valid and I am well on the way to making them all reality. I am excited about the future for the first time in a long time as well. 

What will 2013 bring? An INCREDIBLE year for me, my family and my business. Little Hannah Bear is going boutique and special next year. I plan to work smarter instead of harder, cut myself slack when I need it and trust in my ideas and designs. I have my workbooks ready to help me achieve my incredible year for both business and life.



Deb, you taught me that I am right brained. That I work best with concrete materials. I adore my lists and menu plans. My family works best with chore charts and reward charts. Thank you for helping us find our way. I will be forever in your debt xoxo

I can't wait to get started with 2013. I plan to blog occasionally, for me not for anyone else. I love it. It is a release and I often wonder about the people I used to interact with on here. I hope to track a few down and say Merry Christmas. Make sure they know that they made an impact on me.

Off to write in my workbook and celebrate 2012 before I start all the new plans. The MOST important step in the journey that I learned right here in week 1 of SYL.

Merry Christmas everyone. May the season bring you all love and joy. Good luck with 2013, may it all be INCREDIBLE for us all xoxo

Jo

2 comments:

  1. Jo, Sounds to me like you did everything that you needed to do, even if it feels like you didn't "finish" the challenges...I am so happy to see that 2012 is ending on such a high note for you, I look forward to seeing where your business takes you (sounds like some exciting times ahead!) and you are right, I think it will be incredible for all of us. Thank you for being all your support through this past year. Your comments always made me smile widely.
    Beth from Stay Calm and Carry On

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought i commented but realise it was on my ipad and must not have worked. Just want to say thank you for being a part of SYL and being involved, connected and open. I did say all along that no one needed to do all 52 weeks but most people kept pushing themselves needlessly - celebrate what you did do and i am so happy to see you start off this year also looking at what went right xx

    ReplyDelete