Week 37 & Week 38
I am back. Full of ideas and inspiration. Determined to see this through and not let the unmotivated, easily distracted side of me win this time. I have said a few times that I have never stuck to anything for very long. I've come to terms with the fact that I have not posted some week's blogs within the time frame but that is more than ok.
I feel like sometimes I am not ready for the challenges. I get a giggle out of irony. I see the ironic nature of me having my biggest blogging break in the middle of the self care block. Right after posting (admitting) that I don't care for myself. The strange thing is that I have started to care for myself more during the break.
I have started to watch what I eat and will be joining the gym on pay day. Signing up for a 6 month membership at the 24 hour gym at the end of our street. I can't wait to hear how I'm going to get out of going there! Surely there are no reasons why I can't walk 10 houses along the street to do a workout! haha. Tomorrow I am even dyeing my hair!! I know!! Shock horror! ;)
There have been bigger break throughs though. I have started putting my needs and wants higher on the priority list. I am now running my own business, officially, and it is what I make of it. I love it and it is important enough for me to spend time on. I am working, I need to look at it in an official sense because I need to remember that I AM IMPORTANT. My business gives me so much more than money. It has made me some fantastic friends. It makes me want to interact with people. Sewing is a great stress relieve and seeing my creations finished and sometimes even on children gives me an amazing ego boost. It makes me proud of myself. This makes it the most important thing that I can do for myself.
From now on I WILL look after myself. I WILL eat right, I WILL work when I want/need too, I WILL exercise and I WILL be proud of myself because ....

Oh wow! Well done..you have made some fantastic insights! Congratulations on starting your business. And I hear you on the gym - you can make excuses when it's close. I lived across the road from the gym and still struggled to go. I've not renewed my membership as I've made my family a priority rather than the gym (and I have a tredmill at home). Because I was getting home from work at 6pm, dashing out the door to get to a 6.30pm gym class and only getting home when it was time for them to go to bed (I only did classes at the gym - that's what I really enjujoy). So I will get back to it - perhaps in a few years when the kids are older..but for now the tready will have to do!
ReplyDeleteHmm I seem to have got off track!
Great post!
Good on you! I too amy trying to be "Me" again. Good luck xxx
ReplyDeleteGood on you, some great decisions there. I know what you mean about the break right in the middle of self care. I was having the same thoughts. but then there is no point forcing yourself through, then it's not a great journey is it.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the gym and your sewing. How exciting.
Love this post! I especially love to hear about how you have turned your passion into a business, congrats!!
ReplyDeleteYes you are!!!!! Fantastic to read all this, well done x
ReplyDelete