Wow 7 weeks in to the year already! Unbelievable. Time goes so fast when you're busy all the time. This week SYL - 52 weeks to simplify your life, is all about Vision boards. I've read/seen a lot about them but had never made one myself. I was always a bit lost when I thought about what my goals were and what I'd really like to have/give/achieve in life. With the help of Deb over the last 7 weeks, I know have some idea and was really keen to give this challenge a go. So here it is.....
I started with the sky background. To me, dreams and goals lift you up and free you, nothing is higher or more free than the sky :)
I have listed my 6 core values on my page (remember I couldn't manage to cut it down to 5 so have one more than most people). They all tie in to at least 2 vision areas and the vision areas tie in to my goals. I have only touched on my most important goals so far so there are a couple of new ones in here which I will work on soon.
Lets start with the top right hand corner. This represents my goal of being financially stable and buying our own home. We are well on the way to this at the moment, just need a bit more of the paper stuff we use to pay for things. To support the vision of a home, I have the vision of a very close and loving relationship and a wedding. Trav and I aren't married yet but we will be one day. This leads me in to and will take courage. I have been married before and it is an even bigger step for me now than it was last time. I want this one to be perfect.
The other vision area that ties in to courage is my Facebook business. I run Little Hannah Bear, a place where I can be creative and help people, two of my most favourite things in the world. I sew things like children's clothes and accessories, cloth nappies and accessories and also some items for women lately. It is something that lifts me up and gives me purpose and I would really love to grow it in to a real business and see where it takes me. To do this, I must be positive.
Positivity is something that I am grabbing with both hands. I am loving listening to meditation and self hypnosis recordings before I fall asleep every night. The skills I'm learning are helping me calm my anxiety and ward off panic attacks. I am a much calmer person (most of the time!) and am finding balance between the pressures and expectations on me and my own needs.
Positivity and Resilience are both playing a part in our of my main goals. I would like to have an organised, clutter free house. I know I will get it one day because I am working towards it with small steps. I don't want to just reorganise in one big go and then have it all go straight back to what it was before. I've done that and it doesn't actually help. I want to do it one room at a time, even one cupboard at a time and learn life long cleaning habits.
So this is my values board. I am going to print it out and frame it, put it in front of my sewing machine so I can sew and dream. Sounds like bliss doesn't it? :)

I love this - what a great board. I only just went and bought one today to start on. I have never done one before either. Great idea linking it to your values. It sounds like you are making really great progress! Smart move taking small steps, otherwise it all become overwhelming. Keep going! Soozxxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Sooz,
DeleteI'm really enjoying all these challenges. This one was really easy once I figured out how I was going to go about it! I hope you had fun with yours :)
I love your vision board and the background of clouds and the sky is perfect! The self hypnosis and mediation cds sound fantastic. I never seem to find un-interupted time during the day and doing it at bed time would be a great way around that.
ReplyDeleteThanks for dropping by my blog and for your kind comment.
Thanks Lee,
DeleteI don't find much time during the day either but am trying to make a habit of listing to one recording before I fall asleep every night. It's working really well, helps clear my mind so I don't lay there for hours making lists of what I have to do tomorrow! haha.
Love your board and it's feelings of positivity and calm - Now off to peek at 'Little Hannah Bear' x
ReplyDeleteThank you and I hope you find my page. It's helped me continue one of my favourite things to do! Creating is such a great stress reliever :)
DeleteI really love the simplicity of your vision board. You have put a lot of thought into it and it looks fantastic! I think putting it in front of your sewing machine is an awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bec. It did take me a few days of looking at pictures and seeing what stood out to me. It's amazing how the subconscious mind works when you let it :) Off to frame my board now!
DeleteHome is a massive thing in our lives isnt it. I truly believe we need to feel safe, happy, loved in our home and if we've got that, anything else can be tackled.
ReplyDeleteThis challenge certainly made creating a vision board doable. Good luck in your endeavours.
You're right, home is so much more than a house. It's such an important thing and I've learned that it needs to be the base to build everything on. Thanks for stopping by, comments really make it all worth while xo
Deleteohhh i love the sky background and your reason for that! Awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lyndal,
DeleteI love the sky, each time I look at my board, I notice it and it lifts me up :)
I really liked your vision board especially the sky. It was really uplifting to read through your post and follow you on your journey to complete the vision board. Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteAnother vote of wow for the sky - at first i saw it and thought ooh pretty background, then i read and was in awe of the simple brilliance of it - it just reinforces the whole thing - love it!
ReplyDeleteDeb @ home life simplified
I love how you tied your goals and values into the vision board. The sky as a background made me think of dreams and then you mentioned that is why you chose it. A beautiful vision board.
ReplyDeleteJo