Time Management - Planning
Let me just start by saying I am not a planner. I fly by the seat of my pants and never write lists or notes. I am starting to think that this is why things get out of control and overwhelming. I was overwhelmed just reading this weeks task but I am already starting to see the point in it. Planning and writing things down can show me both what I need to do and what I have already done.
I'm so glad that Deb talks about baby steps this week, I need to take teeny tiny ones. This is new territory for me and I can see how important it is to get every step right before I move on to the next one.
I am sneaking in at the end of this week as I have been busy with Easter family holidays. I left home with 4 children and came home with 6! haha. I do adore my nieces and they are all having a great time which is lovely to watch. This means that I haven't done any planning yet!! I am off to check out the printables though and decide which ones can work for me.
I wasn't joking when I said baby steps!! I'm just happy to have found the time to blog :)
oh and for those following along with my goals, my house now has 4 organised rooms!!
The bathroom (has stayed organised for a few weeks! win!)
The kitchen (is now under control, even the cupboards have been sorted!)
The toilet (yep I'm calling this a room because it has become part of my routine and I'm proud of that)
and finally, The lounge room (This is now something that is easy to clean/pack away at the end of each day which means I can sit in peace and relax properly after my busy days)
4 rooms that's fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI haven't completed this weeks blog post yet! Easter and being away is making me play catch up a bit. But am thinking of sitting down and making a big meal plan for a couple of weeks because I have the chance to shop in Perth and need to make the most of it, instead of the usual just filling a couple of trolleys with stuff! Meal planning is something I haven't been successful with yet, think I might need another approach.
Goodluck with the baby steps!
I've never managed to master meal planning either. It is definitely something I want to have another go at because I find the 4pm scramble to find something for dinner way too stressful and I know life can be much easier than that! Enjoy the rest of your holiday and shopping. Planning for that big shop sure does sound like a good idea
DeleteWell, there must be a maybe just a little bit of a planner in you, you aren't not aware of, because, as far as I'm concerned, having six kids in your care and all those rooms under control, you are doing pretty well. Although, I am making the assumption that the six kids, too, are clean (and feed and all that) as well as the four rooms? Well done!
ReplyDeleteYou must be right Kate, I think my biggest problem is that I do the planning in my head and get overwhelmed. Can't wait to try and do my 'brain dump' and get it all in order!
Deletebaby steps are still steps honey!! be kind to yourself on this journey xx
ReplyDeleteThanks Lyndal, I think I'm getting there now, I'm looking around this week realising how much more the baby steps are helping compared to the usual 'go in all guns blazing' way I used to try and reorganise my life!
DeleteI'm a former "non planner" turned avid "list maker" so I can see where you are coming from!! I think for me, the feeling of taking the weight of the "lists" out of my head and onto paper has been liberating, but I still need to work on a "plan" to get those lists completed! Great job on keeping those rooms organized! And I definitely agree that the toilet is a "room", I know it's a place I often go to just to get away!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear that list making has worked for you. The first week of it is going really well for me :) It is definitely nice not to have to think so hard about some things. My teenagers have really embraced it as well and look at the meal planner to see what is for dinner every night, they even want to help me cook!
ReplyDeleteSometimes the toilet is the ONLY place to go to get away!! haha
you are doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteshort 1 hand comment w sick kid on lap
deb xx