Wednesday, 23 May 2012

SYL - Week 20

My favourite thing about the Simplify Your Life challenge is that, almost every week, I start thinking a certain way or about a certain thing and then I read the next challenge and there it is! It's like Deb has a window in to my mind, don't get too close Deb! it's scary in there!, and she just knows exactly what I need and when I need it :)


I have had a busy week and I am struggling. Life is tough at the moment, just internally, and I am fighting my thoughts more than I used to have to. I think that is because I am fighting them, they were always there this bad, I just usually gave up and let them win. Not this time. Time to slow down, take a break, revisit my goals and find the simplest way forward.


 Week 20 and week 21 are exactly what I need




Goal 2 To declutter and organise the house so it can be maintained easily.


This is the goal that I have chosen to focus on for the next 5 or 6 weeks. I want the whole family to get involved. Show a united front. I know, when we do, we will see some fantastic improvement in our relationships and general family happiness.

I can't wait to do the home audit. Hubby is excited about it as well. We will finish next week with a concrete plan and we will both know exactly what needs to be done and how to do it. It's something we can work on together, use to teach the kids how to simplify their own lives and hopefully start some really good habits with them. I honestly don't want them to grow up to be like me. I want them to have tidy, organised, stress free homes. At least during the week!!

I love being able to blog my challenge every week and finish it with a plan for the following week. I've felt a bit lost through the last few weeks but I'm back on track now! The following weeks are things I can get my hands on, literally! I work best that way.

I'll finish off with some tacky catch cries....

I'm back in the game! Bring it on!

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Bring it on! Hope things pick up for you. Been wondering how you were. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think things are definitely on the way up again Kate :) It's a bit of 2 steps forward, 1 step back but that's better than 2 steps back :) As long as I'm moving forward I know I can do it xo

      Delete
  2. Im sorry things have been tough - hang in there! Love reading your posts. Great you've chosen to simplify things and focus on one thing. You're making things manageable. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have just spent the last half an hour reading last weeks link ups and feel all rested and recharged. I love reading how everyone is going, the changes in everyone's outlook is already amazing.

      Delete
  3. Jo, this is wonderful!! I could have written so many parts of this post. I have also been amazed at how each week of this chalenge seems to be exactly what I need, at that specific time, with sometimes two weeks of challenges combine, because I'm doing it all together. I am also on a major de-clutter/home organisation journey, so I look forward to sharing the next few weeks with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you can see the difference between fighting through (and not accepting things) vs just sinking into it. That itself is a huge accomplishment in this battle with depression. You are working to make sure the thoughts "don't win"! Thanks for showing up every week even when things are tough and for your words of encouragement and support for me and SYL. xxx

    ReplyDelete