I am struggling a little at the moment. Trying to find my blogging routine again. Trying to find the motivation and time to sit and write. Trying to fight off the fog that is nipping at my heels. But I can and I will.
Week 29 is one that I have jumped in to. Organise Paper Information is a process that I need to try hard to make habit. I am a 'throw all the mail in a pile on the kitchen table' kind of girl. I have a filofax, it has a whole heap of paid bills and some receipts in it, usually ones that I don't need and not the ones that I do. Maybe I should say it DID have those things in it.....
No matter what my gorgeous Mum might believe, no one needs paid gas bills from 1998 or the original receipt from their first washing machine, 30 years ago. As strange as this sounds, my Mum has a book with the dates bought and costs of most of her big ticket items. We like to laugh but also love to look back and see what things are so much cheaper now or so much more expensive. But, as nice as it is, I don't NEED those things. The above photo shows what was once these unnecessary pieces of paper. They will help our new compost bin make wonderful feed for our new vegie garden! Now I have a filofax that has a few paid bills, some receipts and our important documents in it.
I also managed to set myself up a little 'office' area in the dining room. I have a cork board, white board, to do list, shopping list, weekly chore chart and a 21 habit chart (Most thanks to Kikki.K! Gosh I could spend every dollar I have in that store!). I also have 2 file box things (official name) like an inbox. One for the bills or mail that are waiting to be processed and one for the ones ready to be filed. The kids and hubby are really pleased with this set up. It makes it easy for them to see what needs to be done and gives them a place to write down things they might want or need done.
So we now have the area set up, the filing trays, the filofax for completed paperwork and the supplies needed to keep it up. We are planning to spend Sundays writing meal plans and shopping lists, filling in the to do lists and sorting the calendar ready for the next week. It will take some practise and time to make this a habit but we are well on the way and looking forward to perfecting our system.
We also managed to sit and write a Master To Do List after moving house. We are working our way through that and will revisit that each week as well.
Life may not yet be simple but it sure is on it's way
Jo xo

Sounds fab you did awesome.build the bill paying and filing into a weekly (or other) routine and you will be set.
ReplyDeleteDeb @ home life simplified