This weeks mission for SYL Week 4 is to examine exactly how life is going right now. I like this idea and was really looking forward to completing the challenge. It also helped spur me on to finish Week 3 - Mission Statement, which I didn't get finished in time to add to the linky so if you have time and would like to read it I hope you will
This is my Wheel of Life as it stands today...
There is nothing really surprising in there for me. I've been through one hell of a year and two things have suffered the most at this end of it. My Relationship with Trav is the one that makes me the saddest. Don't get me wrong, I love him to the moon and back and he loves me too, I just think that we are tired and are taking each other for granted. I suffered with very severe depression over the last 12 months. It was well and truly out of control and I nearly took my own life. I don't like to dwell on it too much because I've managed to get some professional help and I'm in a much much better place now. Trav is the reason I am here. He knew how to look after me and knew when it was time to get tough and kick my butt out of bed or off to the doctor. I owe him a lot. I know that he is as tired as I am. That's obvious in the other area we need to work on...
Home. By this I mean the house. The physical side of it like the cleanliness. Our house is not filthy and disgusting but it could be a lot better. We let things slide when we had bigger problems to deal with but we have those under control now so it's time to start working on the house and our home again. I want it to be a happy, bright, clean place. Somewhere I can invite family and friends to without having to do a quick tidy and a vacuum. I want the kids to learn the responsibility of keeping the house clean as you go instead of someone else cleaning it all at a certain time of day.
Creativity, Family and Health are going along ok. They are not in dire need of attention but there is room for improvement. I think I'd love to get an average of 3 for my Wheel of Life by the end of 2012. Actually I'd love to have everything at a 3 or above. 3's are good, 3's are manageable and they mean the pressure is off a little.
Finances and Work are going great. Trav loves his job and earns good money. I have my own facebook page and have turned my hobby in to something that can earn me money to buy more fabric and enjoy being creative. It has done wonders for my self esteem and I love it. Money is something that Trav and I have always had control over. We work well as a team and because of this, we manage to save money living on one wage and still not go without things that we need or want.
This leaves Friendships. My friendship group has had 2 changes over the last 12 months. It has been hard and there are things I regret and would change. What I wouldn't change is the outcome. I have two of the most loving, honest and supportive friends anyone could have. We have been through so much in the last 2 years. I think that's what has made us so close. Honesty was one thing I promised them and it is what has cemented our friendship. I think I am finally at the stage where I can relax, be happy and just let the friendship grow on it's own. It feels so natural now.
Well, I've managed 2 blog posts in one day. It feel so good to have made it back to the keyboard. Writing is one of my favorite things to do. SYL12 gives me a reason and the motivation to write and I get so much from it. I hope other people gain something from reading, I know I gain a whole lot from reading other people's blogs xo

You have so many postives on your Wheel for 2012! I hope that you can focus on these so that when you work on some of the others you can remember your doing great in other areas. And you made me think too...3's are manageable and mean that you are doing some things fine....I really do believe we cant always be and do everything!
ReplyDeleteI also read your Mission Statement and think a family holiday is a good place to think about what is important for your family!
Looking forward to reading more of your journey throughout the year! Ax
Thanks Annaleis. The family holiday was the perfect place to sit back watch what was happening, what was working well and what we could work on. Tonight I have the kids in bed early, the dishes done and meals for hubby in the freezer (he works evening shift) so today has gone exactly the way I wanted it to go. Small steps will get me there xo
DeleteAs a PND survivor I can relate to where you relationship is at - the 2 years i suffered caused great damage to our marriage and we still work at trying to repair it - not anywhere near where we were before my 2nd daughter was born but I am always hopeful as we have been together 17 years and the LOVE is there, we just need to rebuild the connection in a different way
ReplyDeletedeb @ home life simplified
It's a tough road for the person suffering AND the person supporting. We're very lucky to have husbands who took the whole journey with us. I am just realising the full effect it had on our relationship but I'm glad I am because now we can sort out where we are and build on the love we have. Ours is still there too, it's just on a bit of an angle at the moment :)
Delete