Home Audit
This feels like it's time to get my hands dirty! I like the hands on tasks, I find it easier to see and measure my accomplishments, especially now that I've learned to look at the things on my Ta Da list instead of my To Do list.
Hubby joined in on this weeks challenge which was really nice. It's hard to get him involved at times because he just doesn't have my passion for all of this which is totally fine but it really was nice to have him on board.
We printed out the home audit sheet and sat down together to discuss each room. We though of the way we used it, or didn't use it, the problem areas and the things that work really well. I found that most rooms had at least one bigger issue and then a few (or more!) smaller ones. The best part of this challenge was seeing, in black and white, that ALL of the issues were fixable. We can do this! We can have a tidy, organised, clutter free, simple home.
We now have a plan for each room and have already knocked a few of the jobs off. This coming week will see us get right in to the de cluttering and that will help sort out some more issues. The planets must all be aligned or something because in my mail box the other day was a brochure from the Council telling us that they were going back to having kerb side hard rubbish collections and ours is the week of the 11th June!! To say I'm excited is an understatement!
Right now we have 6 garbage bags of stuff in our hallway ready to donate to charity. We have a few things earmarked for the kerb already and will spend this week finalising it all. The other plan is to move things out of the house, to the shed, if we are not using them. Perfect example, the exercise bike that has been sitting in the hallway for the last 12 months. Why??!! Firstly, why am I not riding it every day! I'll admit that would help my mental and physical health. Secondly, why is it taking up space, looking messy and just annoying me every day?! To the shed for you bike!!
I was so excited about the home audit and it was everything I had hoped. It has filled me with ideas and information about my house. It has also given me the motivation that I needed.
Now I will sneak in and link up in the last 3 hours! Next week my goal is to link up on Saturday at the latest! haha

It's great to get the hubby involved isn't it, especially when some of the jobs they might be perfect for. We took a load of things to the tip not long a go. Roadside collection is such a great idea wish we had it here! A few months a go in Perth I got 2 small bmx bikes from a lady a couple houses up that had put them out for collection. So we had a replacement bike for one that was broken and one for a friend to ride. We will donate them once we are finished with them!
ReplyDeleteThanks Annaleis. I do love picking things up from the roadside lol. We often put things out as well, that we have no need for but are too good to be thrown away and too bulky to drag along to the charity shops.
DeleteWay to go Hubby!!! I love that you are getting some help with this stuff...and roadside collection couldn't come at a better time for you!! We can put out one bulk item biweekly and you can bet that I have been taking full advantage of that! Even though everything won't get done all at once, doesn't it feel great to have a plan?!
ReplyDeleteIt feels wonderful to have a plan! I'm not just sitting here being overwhelmed by the big picture. One roadside collection biweekly is a great idea! I'm planning on taking full advantage of ours this week :D
DeleteWow you have done awesome - so much stuff going out the door and action being taken within - you and hubby ROCK!
ReplyDeleteDeb @ home life simplified
Thanks Deb, we really seem to have launched straight in to this part of the challenge and it feels wonderful
Delete